25 things Jason Elder probably doesn't know about me.
2. I started smoking when I was eight years old.
3. I have lived in Michigan, Illinois, Oklahoma, California, Washington State, Virginia, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Venezuela.
4. I'm allergic to cats and they think I'm their meow.
5. I was a fairly accomplished equestrian before the age of fourteen.
6. I attended five high schools in three years.
7. I enlisted in the Navy three weeks after I turned seventeen.
8. I was raised Unitarian. I became a Christian when I was seventeen, then agnostic, then Christian again in 1999, then agnostic again about 2005. Still haven't figured it out.
9. I have had over two dozen surgeries.
10. I have been a student at four different colleges, Army and Navy technical schools, a photography school, and never got a degree. I did graduate from the police academy.
11. I have been an ordained minister since 1993.
12. I have taken viola, piano, guitar, and drum lessons and don't play any instruments.
13. I read about 100 - 150 books a year.
14. When I got out of the Navy I was seriously considering going to Ringling Brothers Clown College. I went to AA instead.
15. I have never killed a man with a cheese grater.
16. My mother converted to Judaism while I was in the Navy.
17. I'd trust most dogs more than I trust most people.
18. My first car was a 1967 Ford Falcon. I have had sixteen cars and trucks since.
19. I have Jews, Blacks, Muslims, Asians, and Gays in my family. I love them all.
20. I was in the Army between the two Golf Wars.
21. I used to be able to walk on my hands from one end of a basketball court to the other and back.
22. My daughter's middle name, Kasidy, is after a black character on Star Trek: Deep Space 9.
23. I have been to South America, Canada, Israel, France, Greece, Egypt, Italy, Spain, Crete, Antigua, and the Philippines.
24. When I was a wee lad I wanted to do cartoon voice-overs. I still talk in funny voices.
25. I have too many dead friends.