Sunday, June 28, 2015

Welcome to Pariahville, Bitches.

I'm a libertarian. I'm also an atheist. That breaks down to my believing in maximum freedom, minimum government, and not believing in any gods. This puts me in a very, very, very small minority.

Libertarian Atheists are modern day pariahs. We are the equivalent of self-made lepers, rejected violently by almost all others, including the apolitical and the irreligious. Why anyone would join this twisted little fraternity is beyond me. I think its like being gay: you never really had a choice and pretending to be anything else is excruciating.



I have a lot of days that I wish I could go back to paying no attention and not giving a rat's ass. When I was in my early twenties, i was profoundly cursed by a quote from Plate. "The Unexamined Life is not worth living." Using reason, logic, and science, I have sought truth ever since and it is indeed a wicked master. Sadly, to paraphrase John Milton, "Ignorance, once lost can never be regained."
I think my biggest struggle is to not become jaded, arrogant, or hostile and to not self-ostracize. When dealing with others, I cling, perhaps too tightly, to the idea that their problem is not intelligence, education, or lack of enlightenment, but being in the clutches of cognitive dissonance. It hasn't seemed to get me very far, as of yet.

Nevertheless, I will not hide from the truth. I do believe it shall set us free, even if it will hunt us down and kill us afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate mature feedback. I don't do pissing contests though and will delete comments before posting them if they are hostile or blatantly offensive. Thanks for visiting!

Twisted Faces - Caricature Art from Rock Cowles

Twisted Faces - Caricature Art from Rock Cowles
Twisted Faces Web Site

Kowulz on Facebook

Dave Cowles's Facebook profile

Caricatures by Rock Kowulz