Saturday, July 9, 2016

Black On Blue And Vice Versa


Racism and distrust of law enforcement are epidemic in America today. The Main Stream Media (MSM) has us all getting in the habit of seeing generalizations instead of individuals. We are all becoming experts at "racial profiling" whether dealing with Black or Blue people. It's a crying shame. Innocent until proven guilty and beyond a reasonable doubt are hardly ever heard. They no longer report the news so much as create it. 

I was pulled over over thirty times in eleven months after I got out of the Navy because I looked like an outlaw biker and drove an old beater ex-police car. I was given one written warning, no tickets, and illegally searched without my consent or probable cause numerous times. I wanted to prove to myself that you could be an honest, decent cop so I started occasionally filling out applications for police officer jobs.

Fast forward ten years and I've been out of the police academy three months and pull over an SUV that just blew through a stop sign without even slowing down. The driver gets out of the vehicle and it's a black man that I enjoyed working with for two years at my previous job and considered a friend. We were both hard competent workers who knew how to get the job done and have fun doing it. He was so frightened at being pulled over that he wet his pants standing on the side of the road. I told him to go home and change. It had a profound effect on me. I was aware of the racism in that small southern town but have always been pretty color blind. I crossed the race line and the blue line several times and went through three departments in five years because I refused to look the other way. Cops like me are liabilities. We lose lawsuits for the departments/governments we work for when we tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I worked with a lot of good cops, but most "crusaders" like myself don't last long in most departments. Being a cop doesn't make one racist any more than being Black makes one a criminal.

I saved many lives as a police officer, getting people out of bad situations, offering first aid, running into burning buildings to get people out (while wearing polyester!), intervening when other police officers overreacted and escalated bad situations, and several times by not pulling the trigger when I would have been completely justified morally and legally, but kept my head and my cool under dire circumstances. Many of those people were black. Despite that and my reputation for fairness, guilty people loved playing the race card when they didn't like being caught. Many were taught at a young age that cops are racist and to accuse them of it on a frequent, heartbreaking basis.

The MSM sensationalizes it every time a person of color is killed by the police but ignore the facts and the constant black on black crime in liberal cesspools like Chicago, DC, and Baltimore. It's misdirection, very biased, poor reporting, and very inflammatory. They should be held liable for inciting riots. Just like the first amendment doesn't protect someone who shouts FIRE in a crowded theater it should protect freedom of the press when it spreads hate by blowing things out of proportion before all of the facts are in.

I don't care what color, creed, religion, nationality, or gender preference you are or what you do for a living, but please stop the hate. Think for yourself even if it leaves you standing by yourself.

#stopthehate, #alllivesmatter, #blueline, #racism, #brutality, #police, #MSM, #mainstreammedia, #truth, #love, #think

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate mature feedback. I don't do pissing contests though and will delete comments before posting them if they are hostile or blatantly offensive. Thanks for visiting!

Twisted Faces - Caricature Art from Rock Cowles

Twisted Faces - Caricature Art from Rock Cowles
Twisted Faces Web Site

Kowulz on Facebook

Dave Cowles's Facebook profile

Caricatures by Rock Kowulz